Related Research Guides
Many topics in Communication are interdisciplinary. In order to create a comprehensive literature review, you may want to search for information in other HSU Library Research Guides:
Other Communication Guides
This research guide is designed to help you find library resources to support your research in Communication at HSU. Use the tabs across the top of the page to locate different types of resources.
If you need further help, stop by the Research Help Desk or make an appointment with Chris Salvano today!
Online Tutorials and Videos
- Last Updated Jun 4, 2014
Videos and website tutorials on library resources, research skills and other services.
1,067 views this year
Questions To Ask Yourself While You Select A Topic
Is your topic really broad?
- Examples of broad topics include politics, the environment, health, economy, education and technology.
- Broad topics can be broken down to create specific topics appropriate for a presentation.
Do you have personal involvement with the topic?
- Speak about a topic you already know something about.
Do you have an interest in the topic?
- Pick a topic that you are curious about and it will make you want to learn more than what you already know
Is the topic or point of view embraced by the audience, but not you?
- Challenge popular ideas. Encourage your peers to see the other side of the story.
Is the topic appropriate for the course and/or assignment?
Is there enough available information about the topic?
- Make sure enough credible information can be gathered in time to complete the assignment by meeting with a librarian early. Stop by the Research Desk or make an appointment with Chris today!