Skip to main content
11 Steps to install Zotero
- Open your Chrome browser (You may also use Firefox, but we advise against Safari)
- Navigate to Zotero.org/download
- Download Zotero 5.0 for your system
- Install the Zotero Connector for your browser (The browser you are using will appear. Chrome is recommended).
- Create a Zotero.org account (You will be prompted to do this. If you are not, go to Zotero.org/user/register)
- Open the Zotero application on your computer (If it is not already be open)
- On a PC: In the Edit menu, select Preferences. | On a Mac: In the Zotero menu, select Preferences
- In the Sync tab of Zotero Preferences, add your username & password
- In the Search tab of Zotero Preferences, click Check for installer & then Install now
- In the Cite tab, open the Word Processors tab & the box next to Use Classic Add Citation dialog.
- Open Word to make sure your Zotero tools have been added. (You may have to close and re-open Word)