See also federal agency recreation map sites listed in the more general Recreation Maps research guide.
- California Creeks--Relief Map: a Whitewater and Touring Guide to California (Tuthill) Interactive map that includes 81 coastal and mountain whitewater runs. Each entry includes a description and log of the run, photos, and links to real-time water flow and associated topographic maps.
- California Road and Recreation Atlas (Benchmark Maps) 1998 (Atlas G 1526 P2 B45 1998) Contains 37 maps showing parks, forests and wildnerness areas; natural wonders, ski areas, boating and fishing areas; museums and other attractions; public campgrounds and RV parks.
- California State Park Maps--print copies of individual park maps and guides are available in Cal Docs P 155 P4
- California's Parks and Public Lands (US Geological Survey)
- Forest Visitor Maps (US Forest Service) Maps of all national forests in California.
- ParkInfo.org (GreenInfo Network) Interactive mapping applications that shows parks, campgrounds and trails. Also maps lands open to the public.
- Public Lands Information Center: California Maps federal and state recreational lands, including public campgrounds, with links to descriptions of each recreational site.
- Tourism Maps (State of California) Includes links to other sites with maps and information on winter and summer recreational activities.