There are many ways to Ask A Librarian for help with any assignment, any time, from anywhere.
Research Roadmap is a set of brief tutorials with basic information for conducting library research. It explains
- primary and secondary sources
- popular and scholarly, or peer-reviewed, articles
- select a topic
- search effectively
- locate articles and books in the library and on the web
- evaluate the suitability of sources your find
- document your sources to avoid plagiarism and participate in the scholarly conversation
How To Videos
These short videos show how to search Academic Search Elite, and Omnifile, two of the best databases for beginning research:
This video shows how to use our interlibrary loan service, which is free. Use it to borrow books or get copies of articles that our library doesn't have. Sometimes, you can borrow videos or CDs, too. All you have to do is supply the information about what you want to borrow; we will do the rest. Items usually come in about a week.
Here is a link to all of our short how-to videos for library research. Some were created by librarians at Humboldt State; some come from other places. We hope they will help you.