Get Films for Free From the Library
The videotape and DVD collection includes approximately 6000 VHS and 1000 DVD titles.
HSU faculty, students, staff, and patrons with community borrower cards may check out videos/DVDs. Students may check out up to 3 titles for 3 days. There is a $1/day overdue fine per title.
Call numbers for videos and DVDs begin with VIDEO (eg. Video1045). Find videos by using OneSearch. Tips for searching are below. If you need more help with finding videos, please ask a librarian.
To search for videos by title:
- In the Advanced Search select Title from the drop down menu where it says Any field.
- Type in the title. Leave off any initial articles (the, a, an, etc.), in any language. For example, Boot or Boat instead of Das Boot or The Boat.
To Search for videos by keywords:
- Do a keyword search and filter by location.
- Select Video/DVD Collection, Media Resources, 2nd floor, north as your location. OR
- Use the Resource Type filter to narrow down to video formats (e.g. DVD, Audio Visual, Video Cassettes, etc.)
Videos and DVDs are arranged by call number on open shelves in the Media Resources Area, located on the 2nd floor of the Library. Viewing equipment is also in the Media Resources Area and in Library rooms 114/208 (Group Viewing Rooms). The Media Resources Area also has stations with a variety of video and audio equipment to review non-print materials.