Skip to main content
CA - Public Health Maps
- California Healthcare Atlas (California Health and Human Services Agency. Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development) Interactive mapping application that enables users to find and get information about hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- California Healthcare Maps (California Health and Human Services Agency. Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development) Includes maps of medical care shortage areas and underserved populations.
- Heart Disease and Stroke Maps: California (National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion) 2003. Contains county level choropleth maps that show disparities in stroke death rates by gender and the five largest racial and ethnic groups (i.e., American Indians and Alaska Natives, Asians and Pacific Islanders, blacks, Hispanics, and whites). Part of the larger Atlas of Stroke Mortality.
- HealthyCity Provides data and mapping tools to help build better communities in California. Using demographic, environmental, economic, and social data from many official sources you can gather specific data for a particular area of interest by creating your own community boundaries. You can then create custom maps and charts.
- Maps (California Rural Health Care Council) Series of maps showing medical service study areas, rural hospitals, medically underselved populations and areas with shortages of health care workers.
- Network for a Healthy California - GIS Map Viewer (California Department of Public Health) Interactive mapping program that includes information on nutrition and school health programs; WIC grocery stores and other local nutrition resources; and demographics of general and at-risk populations.