Skip to main content
CA - Energy and Mineral Resources Maps
- California Active Gold Mines 2000-2001 (California Geological Survey)
- California Geothermal Resources ((US Department of Energy) 2003. Statewide map shows regions of known or potential geothermal resources and specific locations of geothermal applications and features.
- California On-Line Energy Maps (California Energy Commission) Series of statewide California maps showing power plants; transmission lines and pipelines; service areas and renewable energy capabilities.
- California Wind Atlas ( California Energy Commission and California Department of Water Resources) 1985 (Cal Docs E 2015 W55) Available wind data for California is summarized using charts, maps, and graphs.
- California Principal Mineral Producing Localities (US Geological Survey & California Division of Mines & Geology) From Minerals Yearbook
- DOGGR Online Mapping System (DOMS) (California Department of Conservation. Divison of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources) Interactive mapping application that allows one to: 1) create, view and print maps of oil and gas wells; and 2) access production data and scanned well records for individual wells.
- Energy Map of California (California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources) 2000 (print map available in map G4361 N3 2000 C2) 1:1,000,000 scale map shows sedimentary basins; oil, gas, and geothermal fields; oil, gas and product pipelines; tanker ports; refineries; and geothermal, nuclear, wind, cogeneration, hydroelectric, and fossil fuel electrical-generation plants.
- Geothermal Map of California (California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources and California Geological Survey) 2002. Map showing geothermal fields, known geothermal resource areas, high-temperature wells, geothermal springs, and power plants. Includes table of " Geothermal Spring Data for California".
- Geothermal Resources of California (California Division of Mines and Geology) 1980 (California Geologic Data Map #4) (map G 4361 N32 1980 C35; also Cal Doc C 810 G4d #40 See the annotation for the Technical Map of the Geothermal Resources of California.
- Map of California Historic Gold Mines (California Divison of Mines and Geology) 1998. Shows the location of 13,500 historic California gold mines. Produced for the California Gold Discovery to Statehood Sesquicentennial (1998-2000).
- Maps of Seeps in California (US Geological Survey and California Department of Conservation) Maps of oil and gas seeps and fields in California
- Mineral Resources Data System (MRDS) (US Geological Survey) Interactive mapper includes information on deposit name, location, commodity, deposit description, geologic characteristics, production, reserves, resources, and references for both metallic and nonmetallic mineral resources. Part of Mineral Resources On-Line Spatial Data that includes a series of iInteractive maps and downloadable data for geology, geochemistry, geophysics, and mineral resources of the United States and the world.
- Mines and Mineral Producers Active in California (1997-1998) 1999 (Cal Docs C810 S59 # 103) (CGS Special Publication # 103) List of active mines in California by county, with indexes by commodity and county; and operator and mine. Appendix includes a series of maps for each major mineral commodity that shows location of mines. Also includes a 1:500,000 scale map that shows locations of all mines keyed to an index in the report.
- Mining Districts and Mineral Deposits of California (Mardirosian) 1974 (map G 4361 H1 1974 M3) Sheet 2 is a "List of Mining Districts and Mineral Deposits by Counties."
- Oil, Gas and Geothermal Fields in California (California Department of Conservation. Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources) 2001 (print copy available in G 4361 H8 2001 C33) Shows oil and gas districts, geothermal districts, oil fields, gas fields, geothermal fields, and sedimentary basins with oil, gas, or geothermal production. More detailed district maps that show individual oil and gas wells are also available.
- Renewable Energy Atlas of the West: California (Land and Water Fund of the Rockies) The basic atlas profiles and maps wind, solar, geothermal and biomass power in the 11 Western states, including availability, current status, and government policies. Includes a regional overview and profiles for each state. The basic site contains both a collection of maps and an interactive mapper.
- Technical Map of the Geothermal Resources of California (Majmundar) 1983 (Cal Docs C 810 G4d #5) (California Geologic Data Map #5) More detailed and technical map at a 1:750,000 scale than the original Geothermal Resources of California map. Shows relationships between geothermal resources, faults, and Quaternary volcanic rocks. The text also provides technical information on the chemistry of individual geothermal waters and interpertations of subsurface temperatures. The Text for the Technical Map of the Geothermal Resources of California is available.