Skip to main content
CA - General
- 1:100,000 Scale Metric Planimetric Maps (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection) (map G 4360 S100 C4) Series of maps at a scale of 1:100,000 on a planimetric base that cover all of California.
- California (Nationalatlas.gov) Reference map of California that shows major physical features, populated places and transportation routes.
- California (Northern) (Perry-Castaneda Map Library) Image of the 1990 USGS 1:2,500,000 map of California.
- California (Southern) (Perry-Castaneda Map Library) Image of the 1990 USGS 1:2,500,000 map of California.
- California State Map (California Division of Tourism) In addition to this state map there are more detailed regional maps available for viewing.
- City Lights (California Dept. of Forestry and Fire Protection, Fire and Resource Assessment Program) Show distribution of nighttime lights over California generated from a mosaic of Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Operational Linescan System imagery.
- Geopolitical Map of California (Purdue University Center for New Crops and Plants Products)
- National Highway System: Northern California (US Federal Highway Administration)
- National Highway System: Southern California (US Federal Highway Administration)
- Satellite Image Map of California (Geology.com) Also includes links to selected regional Landsat Geocover satellite image maps of California.
- Shaded Relief Map of California (US Geological Survey) Also available in black and white.
- Shaded Relief Map of California (US Geological Survey) Generated from the National Elevation Dataset.
- State of California : Shaded Relief (US Geological Survey) 1971 (map G4361 C1 1971 .G4) 1:1,000,000 scale map.
- State Topography Image: California (US National Geophysical Data Center) Color shaded relief image with county boundaries generated from 30 arc-second digital elevation model (DEM) data.
- SRTM Enhanced Blue Marble Terrain Map of California (Google Earth Library) Created by combining NASA Blue Marble imagery with the global elevation data from the Space Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM). Available as GeoPDF, GeoTIFF and Google Earth KML formats.