Skip to main content
CA - Weather and Climate Maps
- Average Annual Precipitation in California (US Geological Survey) Similar maps show shaded relief and water and shaded relief.
- Average Annual Precipitation (Inches), California, 1961-1990 (Oregon Climate Service) 1995
- Average Temperature for January/July (Maps.com)
- California Annual Precipitation (US Natural Resources Conservation Service) 1999 (map G4361.C883 1998 .U5 ) Scale 1:1,850,000
- California Average Annual Precipitation (Maps.com)
- California Building Climate Zones Map (California Energy Commission) Shows 16 climate zones that are based on energy use, temperature, weather and other factors.
- California Reference Evapo Transpiration (ETO) Zones (California Irrigation Management Information System) Shows 16 reference ETO zones.
- California Regional Weather Server (San Francisco State University. Department of Geosciences) Weather maps and satellite images emphasizing California, the western U.S., and North America.
- California Wind Atlas (California Energy Commission and California Department of Water Resources) 1985 (Cal Docs E 2015 W55) Available wind data is summarized using charts, maps, and graphs.
- California Wind Resource Maps (California Energy Commission)
- Climate Change: Maps of Heat Vulnerability in California (California Department of Public Health) 2007. Series of maps showing California populations that are vulnerable to heat.
- Late Pleistocene Map of California (US Geological Survey) Reconstruction of landscape features about 18,000 years ago at the peak of the last Ice Age, including mountains covered by glaciers, intermontain basin lakes and exposed shoreline.
- Per Capita Urban Water Use: 1960-2005 (Public Policy Institute of California) Interactive map presents estimates of urban water use (in gallons per person per day) for California's major hydrologic regions. Each region includes a summary of population and per capita water use for selected years since 1960.
- Precipitation (California Dept. of Forestry and Fire Protection, Fire and Resource Assessment Program) Isohyetal map of California at a scale of 1:1,000,000 showing mean annual precipitation during the period 1900-1960. Created from the map Mean Annual Precipitation in the California Region (Rantz) 1969/reprinted 1972 (Docs I 19.2 P92 1972).
- Precipitation Frequency Atlas of the Western United States. Vol. 11. California (US National Weather Service) 1973 (Docs C 55.22 folio) Contains series of precipitation-frequency maps at a scale of 1:2 million for 6 and 24-hour durations for return periods from 2 to 100 years. Northern California and Southern California sectional maps are also available at Western U.S. Preciptation Frequency Maps (Western Regional Climate Center)
- Precipitation Data (U.S. National Weather Service. California-Nevada River Forecast Center) Real-time maps of precipitation during the most recent 1-hour, 6-hour, and 24-hour periods. A complementary Rainfall Maps site is maintained by the California Department of Water Resources.
- Thousand-Year Rainstorms in California 1850-1998 (DuBay) Plots the location of 46 "thousand-year" California rainstorms based upon James Goodridge's Historic Rainstorms in California.
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map: South-West US (USDA Agricultural Research Service) 1990 (print copy available in Docs A 1:38:1475) (USDA Miscellaneous Publication # 1475) Shows the lowest temperatures that can be expected each year. Each of the 11 zones represent 10 degree F (5.6 degree C) differences in average annual minimum temperature.